Monday, November 12, 2007

Paris in the Spring


Before leaving for Iraq, I told my daughter, Raine, that when I returned in a year, I would take her anywhere in the world that she wanted to go. In my mind, I envisioned her choosing somewhere exotic like Kenya, India or Thailand. But that was my wandering spirit's longing, she chose Paris. So that is where we went.

Her young spirit wanted what so many girls her age dream of - fashion, shopping and glamour. She wanted to be a Princess in Paris.

We went up the Eiffel Tower, spent hoards of money on clothes, ate in the Latin Quarter, lit candles in Notre Dame, spent hours in the Louvre and at least 20 minutes in front of the Mona Lisa alone. We rode the metro everywhere and walked down the Champs Elyse. It was simply magical, just Raine, me and Paris.

Next spring break we are going to Venice and then taking the train over to Rome. I can't wait!!!

No comments: