Sunday, August 19, 2007

Empowered Women in Egypt

My friend Ryn, whom I met while serving in Iraq emailed me this interesting u-tube video about woman’s soccer in Egypt. Watching these women professional players and referees powerfully expressing their talents and gifts in the face of non-acceptance and possible violent retaliation brought me to tears.

This shows me that women are not victims, no matter what the situation. We are powerful beings with the freedom to choose. My passion and purpose in life is to call women and especially girls to discover their innate freedom.

My favorite line is where the coach says that men and women have different strengths and that women have more endurance than men.

Enjoy the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu1CrkrQV_Q&feature=dir

Audaciously,
Karen

No comments: